When Arthur Gerald Shaw founded Shaws of Darwen way back in 1897, the local clay was brought to the factory at Waterside village, by horse and cart from the local coal mine, Belthorn Colliery, located in the rural heart of North West England.
Fashioned by workers who grew up within walking distance of the factory, it was expertly made into beautiful sinks that graced some of the finest kitchens in the region.
Fast forward some 120 years, and our sinks are now sought by international buyers and designers to grace homes of all different types and sizes in locations the world over. Our products are still lovingly fashioned by experienced craftsmen at our factory premises in the same quiet corner of England, but designed to meet the contemporary aspirations and demands of modern day life.
AG Shaw – Founder & Managing Director (1897 — 1951)