Welcome! Thank you for visiting the Shaws of Darwen website. To help inform you, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the choices you can make about the collection and use of information you submit or we collect through our website and our other related mobile websites, services, tools, mobile applications and other applications to which this Privacy Notice is linked (the “Site”). The Site is owned and operated by Shaws of Darwen.
Scope and Consent.
When you use the Site, you are contracting with Shaws of Darwen, located at Waterside, Darwen BB3 3NX. If you reside outside of the United States, Shaws of Darwen is your data controller. By using the Site, you expressly consent to our collection, use, disclosure, and retention of your personal information as described in this Privacy Notice.
Information We Collect.
- Registration and Account Information: You can browse the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. If you choose to register for an account with us, we require you to create a username and password, you choose to give us your personal information and are not anonymous to us. When you register an account, create a profile, purchase products, or otherwise engage with our Site, you may provide personal information such as name, physical address, email address, phone number, mobile telephone number, payment information, post codes, and other relevant information. Personal information is only associated with your account/profile when you sign in as a registered user. We also collect information relating to the business you represent and demographic information such as domain information, zip codes and areas of interest.
- Information to respond to your requests: You may give us your personal information so we can respond to your requests, send you newsletters and other communications you request. Details of how you can opt-out of receiving any communications from us are detailed in the section headed “Your Choices” below.
- Information From Other Sources: The information we collect may be combined with information from outside records that we have acquired in accordance with the law and/or your permission.
- Mobile Information: If you access the Site through a mobile device we may collect additional information from you (e.g. your unique device identifier or a mobile number).
Uses and Retention
- Our goal is to collect and use only that information that we think is required for our legitimate business interests, in order to better understand your interests and improve your experience of using the Site. To learn more about how we use tracking technologies and cookies, see Section 8 of this Privacy Notice.
- The provision of personal data is either a requirement necessary to obtain the services that you might request and/or for us to operate our business, including our Site. You are required to provide the data set forth above if you want to receive the products and/or services outlined in this section. Failure to provide the data will prevent us from being able to provide services you request or otherwise inhibit our ability to operate the Site.
- Operate Our Site: We use the information collected to (i) respond to your requests or orders; (ii) provide customer service (e.g., to resolve disputes, address feedback, or fix problems with your account/profile or the Site); (iii) personalize your experience by providing content on the Site, including targeted advertising/communications, that we believe may be of the most interest to you; (iv) improve the Site; (v) give you information about your account; and (v) provide you with a safe, efficient, and customized experience.
- Analyze and Aggregate Non-Personal Information: We use aggregate information about our users and non-personal information to analyze Site and user behavior and prepare aggregated reports.
- Prevent Fraud: We use information from the Site to prevent, detect, and investigate fraud, security breaches, and potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Terms and Conditions.
- Communicate With You: We use your information to contact you to maintain the Site, your account, or to comply with your stated communication preferences, or to provide other services requested by you, as described at the time when we collect the information from you, or to contact you for other purposes authorized by law.
- Marketing Analysis: We may use the information (including personal data) for marketing analysis.
- Data Retention: Your information will be retained by us for as long as needed for us to comply with our contractual obligations, and other business purposes, including global legal obligations to retain data.
You can control how and when you want to receive notifications from Shaws of Darwen on the Site or by following instructions within the notices. If you have consented to our collection of your personal data for multiple specific purposes or explicitly consented to our collection of special/sensitive categories of personal data your consent can be withdrawn at any time. For more information about how to opt-out of marketing communications go to Section 7 (Communication Preferences and Marketing (Opt-out)) , and for information about how to change or update your personal information go to Section 9 (Accessing, Reviewing, and Changing Your Personal Information) . For more information about the rights of European Economic Area (EEA) residents go to Section 11 (EU Data Subject Rights).
Information collected on the Site may be shared with:
- The Shaws of Darwen Corporate Family. We may share the information we collect about you with the Shaws of Darwen corporate family and their and our affiliates and subsidiaries, as well as with third party suppliers and service providers. The information may be disclosed (i) to provide joint content and our services (e.g., registration, transactions, analytics and customer support); (ii) to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts, violations of our policies, fraud and/or data security breaches; (iii) to guide decisions about Shaws of Darwen or third party’s business, assets, operations, rights, products, sites, applications, services, tools, and communications and (iv) processing and storage of information. Members of our corporate family may use this information to send you marketing communications and you will have the opportunity to opt-out in email communications.
- Other Entities with your Consent. Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service).
- Legal and Law Enforcement. Law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other Shaws of Darwen user to legal liability. In such events, we will only disclose information relevant and necessary to the investigation or inquiry.
- Change of Control – New Owners. Other business entities, should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity. Should such a combination occur, we will make reasonable efforts to request that the new combined entity follow this Privacy Notice with respect to your personal information. If your personal information would be used contrary to this Notice, you will receive prior notice.
- Ad Networks. On the Site, we may work with third parties to serve advertisement, provide us with data collection, reporting, ad response measurement and site analytics and assist with delivery of relevant marketing messages and advertisements. These third parties may view, edit or set their own tracking technologies/cookies. The use of these technologies by these third parties is subject to their own privacy policies and is not covered by this Privacy Notice. They might also obtain information about other applications that you have downloaded to your mobile device, the mobile websites you visit and other information about you or your device in order to analyze and serve anonymous targeted advertising on the Site and elsewhere.
- Companies In The Mobile Industry. If you access the Site through a mobile device, we may also share your information with Carriers, operating systems and platforms.
Information You Share on the Site.
Communication Preferences and Marketing (Opt-out).
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your consent. We may combine your information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize the Site. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can indicate your communications preference within the direct communication from us or through your account/profile settings. You may not opt-out of administrative emails (for example, emails about your transactions or policy changes) for your registered account.
When you visit the Site, we and our business partners may use tracking technologies to enhance your online experience or customize our offerings.
A few additional important things you should know about our use of tracking technologies (cookies):
- We offer certain features that are available only through the use of tracking technologies.
- We use both session and persistent tracking technologies. Tracking technologies (e.g., cookies) can either be persistent (i.e., they remain on your computer until you delete them) or temporary (i.e., they last only until you close your browser). You are always free to decline tracking technologies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of the Site. Refer to the help section of your browser, browser extensions, or installed applications for instructions on blocking, deleting, or disabling tracking technologies such as cookies.
- If you are a registered user and you specifically request that our Site remembers your login information, you are allowing us to place a permanent cookie onto your computer.
- You may encounter tracking technologies/cookies from our third party service providers, that we have allowed on our site that assist us with various aspects of our web site operations and services, such as Google Analytics.
- You also may encounter tracking technologies from third parties on certain pages of the websites that we do not control and have not authorized. (For example, if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a cookie placed by that web page).
- We may target and track the videos you view on the Site. You consent to our tracking of your video viewing through the Site or third party social media for up to two years or as permitted by applicable law.
Accessing, Reviewing, and Changing Your Personal Information.
Notice to California Residents.
How Do We Respond to Do Not Track Signals for California Residents. California Business & Professions Code Section 22575(b) (as amended effective January 1, 2014) provides that California residents are entitled to know how Shaws of Darwen responds to “Do Not Track” browser settings. Shaws of Darwen does not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once one is created.
EU Data Subject Rights.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have the right to: (a) request access to your personal data and rectification of inaccurate personal data; (b) erasure of your personal data; (c) request restrictions on the processing of your personal data; (d) object to processing your personal data; and/or (e) the right to data portability.
For information about how to get access to personal data and for exercising your rights, please refer to the Contact section of this Privacy Notice.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Our Site may contain links to other third party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these third party sites.
We store and process your information on our servers located in the United States and around the world. We maintain technical, physical, and administrative security measures to protect the security of your personal information against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or alteration. It is your responsibility to make sure that your personal information is accurate. If you believe that your login credentials have been compromised, please make sure to contact us as indicated in the Contact Us Section below.
The Site is a general audience site and it is not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information via our websites, applications, services, or tools from users in this age group.
As we operate internationally, and many of our computer systems are currently based in the U.S. Your personal information may be processed in the U.S. and elsewhere where data protection and privacy regulations may not offer the same level of protection as in other parts of the world, such as the European Union. If you create an account/profile, you consent to the collection and/or processing in the U.S. of your personal information and tracking technologies/cookies as described in this Notice. You understand that the U.S. government may obtain access to the personal data you submit if necessary for investigative purposes. We use adequate means to transfer data under applicable laws.
Notification Regarding Updates.
From time to time, we may update this Privacy Notice. You agree that we may notify you about material changes in the way we treat personal information by placing a notice on the Site. You should check the Site frequently for updates. We will also notify you of any material changes in the way that we collect or use your personal data.
If your questions are not answered online, you may email us at email@example.com, or write to us at Shaws of Darwen, Waterside, Darwen BB3 3NX